What is the CDF?
The Cornwall Design Forum was launched in 2004 as a fully constituted, not-for-profit organisation, with the aim of embracing and cultivating creativity in the design industry through Cornwall.
The CDF encompass all disciplines of design, from 3D design, interiors, landscape, architecture to fashion and graphic design. It has been set up by designers for designers. As the name suggests, the Cornwall Design Forum seeks to be a focus for our dynamic and growing business sector in the county, a crucible for ideas and actions.
The Cornwall Design Forum has three distinct objectives:
– To set the strategic agenda for design in Cornwall;
– To act as a communication point between designers, the wider business community and the designers of tomorrow;
– To raise the profile of design through events, marketing and advocacy.
The CDF aims to:
– Show that thriving as a design professional outside of an urban context is possible;
– Illustrate that collaboration can be as lucrative as competition;
– Demonstrate how design has a significant part to play in society, across social and quality of life agendas;
– Raise awareness of sustainability issues.
To read more about what the CDF has done so far, click here